Whether you have already completed full time education, or you are thinking about what to do after you have finished, a career in hairdressing could be for you! The hairdressing industry is an incredibly rewarding one with great earning potential and incredible training. You are also paid while you learn.
Throughout your hairdressing apprenticeship you will spend one day every other week in college studying for your NVQ Level 2. You do this whilst enjoying the best in house training at the salon. We have a friendly, talented and diverse team who all remember the hunger to be a qualified stylist and will nurture and inspire you to be the best.
You will work closely with our highly skilled stylists in the salon and at the end of your training you will qualify with an NVQ Level 2 in Hairdressing and will work as a Stylist in your own right.
Because we know you’ll want you to continue to progress in your hairdressing career, we provide ongoing training both in house and externally. In an industry as exciting as this it’s important to keep up to speed on the latest industry techniques, products and trends. We also provide you with the opportunity to experience a number of different career paths.
The Job role of an apprentice:
- Attending college for 1 day every second week to complete your NVQ qualification.
- closely watching and Assisting our stylists to learn about the styling and colouring of clients’ hair.
- Learning our specific techniques for bathing and moisturising hair to the highest standards and carrying out luxurious head massages.
- Learning about all of our products and advising clients on how to maintain a salon finish when the in-salon hair care service is over
- Assisting when required on opportunities outside of the salon, including photoshoots and shows.
- Upholding our impeccable standards of salon cleanliness at all times and demonstrating a passion and knowledge of the hairdressing industry.